Last Updated: January 2018
Notice Regarding Use of the Services by Children
The Services are not directed to children under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that children do not provide personally identifiable information through the Services.
How We Collect and Use Personally Identifiable Information
We will collect personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, postal address, telephone and mobile numbers, email address, credit card number or other payment number, profile pictures, or social media IDs when you voluntarily provide it to us through the Services such as when you create an account or profile, order or register a product, order literature, enter contests or incentive programs, sign up for newsletters, download an App, participate in a survey, contact customer service, or otherwise interact with the Services. We may receive your personally identifiable information from other sources, such as public data bases; joint marketing partners; social media platforms; from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms; as well as from other third parties. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your Site account, certain personally identifiable information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include personally identifiable information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
We use your personally identifiable information to provide the services you request from Masco such as responding to product information requests; registering products; fulfilling orders for parts, products or customer service; initiating refunds; administering contests or incentive programs; and facilitating on-line product visualization applications and preferred products catalogs. We also use personally identifiable information to send you news about our products and promotions, to conduct online surveys, contests, other similar promotions or incentive programs via email, telephone or postal mail, and to notify you of special events and advertising that you might be interested in. Please see the “Sweepstakes, Contests, and Other Promotions” section below for more information on participating in such activities. Further, we may also use personally identifiable information to send you important information regarding the Services, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important to your use of the Services, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications. In addition, we may use the information to improve Masco’s online and other services, such as through customer service and product support, to understand consumer preferences in developing product improvements and innovations. We may also use your personally identifiable information for internal business purposes, such as optimizing users’ Services experiences and analyzing, managing and expanding our businesses. If you apply for employment with Masco, we may use the personally identifiable information you supply to process your job application.
The Services may offer a feature that allows you to send an electronic postcard or otherwise share a message with a friend. If you choose to use this feature, we will ask you for the recipient’s name and email address, along with the text of any message you choose to include. By using this feature, you are telling us that you are entitled to provide us with the recipient’s name and email address for this purpose.
How We Collect and Use Other Information
We may also collect other information that does not reveal your specific identity or directly relate to an individual through the Services (“other information”), such as your postal or Zip code, date of birth, gender, IP address, domain name, URL, browser and operating system, a record of the Services pages you visited, App usage data, physical location and information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies.
We and our third-party service providers may collect other information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Through your use of the Apps: When you download and use an App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- We do not respond to browser do-not-track signals at this time.
- Using Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”)) and other similar technologies: We may use Flash LSOs and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Services. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to “information on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the Services or our online content.
- IP Address: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels of the Services, helping diagnose server problems, administering the Services and identifying your device’s approximate physical location.
- Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- From you: Information, such as your preferred means of communication is collected when you voluntarily provide it. Unless combined with personally identifiable information, this information does not personally identify you.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated personally identifiable information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services (for example, we may aggregate personally identifiable information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
We may use and disclose other information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat other information as personally identifiable information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose personally identifiable information.
In some instances, we may combine other information with personally identifiable information (such as combining your name with your geographic location). If we do combine any other information with personally identifiable information, the combined information will be treated by us as personally identifiable information in accordance with this Policy.
How We Share Personally Identifiable Information
Masco may share personally identifiable information collected via the Services with Affiliated Entities or other third parties as described below. You should also be aware that personally identifiable information about you may be transferred to or received by Affiliated Entities or third parties in the U.S. or in other countries, which countries may have different privacy regulations than those applicable in the country where you reside.
- Service Providers. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Services or to administer activities on our behalf, such as sending emails, hosting dealer locater sites, providing order fulfillment, conducting advertising or customer service, and administering contests or incentive programs. We may share personally identifiable information with these third parties for those business purposes. For instance, if you request a brochure, we may share personally identifiable information about you with fulfillment and management agencies to complete your request.
- Other Third Parties. We may share personally identifiable information with unaffiliated third parties, including dealers and retailers discussed above, to permit such third parties to send to you marketing materials. If you wish to opt-out from our sharing of your personally identifiable information with third parties for their marketing purposes, please see the “Choice: Opt Out” section below for information on how to opt-out.
- E-mails to Friends. Please note that any personally identifiable information you provide in connection with sending an electronic postcard or other message to a friend through the Services, such as your name and your e-mail address, will, of course, be disclosed to your friend.
- Promotions. We may share the personally identifiable information you provide in connection with sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions with third party sponsors of such promotions (irrespective of whether such promotions are hosted by us), or otherwise in accordance with the rules applicable to such promotion. Please see the “Sweepstakes, Contests, and Other Promotions” section below for more information on participating in such activities.
- Assignment. We may transfer information that we collect from Services users to an Affiliated Entity or a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Masco’s business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
User Generated Content Functions
Certain pages on the Services, including our Social Media Pages, enable users to create their own profile page or submit their own content (for example, message boards, forums, chat functionality and blogs, among other services). Any information you disclose in connection with such services may be publicly available and be read, collected, or otherwise used by anyone who visits the page on which you have chosen to comment, and you should exercise caution in deciding whether to disclose your information there. Masco cannot prevent such publicly-available information from being used by others in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy and safety, and is not responsible or liable for the results of any postings or the use or disclosure of any information that you disclose via such postings.
If you do not wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, or if you would prefer that we do not share personally identifiable information about you collected via the Services or otherwise with Affiliated Entities or other third parties for such Affiliates Entities’ or other third parties’ marketing purposes, you may opt-out of receiving such marketing-related emails and from such sharing by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such emails.
We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that, if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove personally identifiable information about you from the databases of Affiliated Entities or other third parties with which we have already shared your personally identifiable information as of the date on which we implement your opt-out request. If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related emails from such Affiliated Entities or other third parties, please contact such Affiliated Entities or other third parties directly or utilize any opt-out mechanisms set forth in their respective privacy policies or marketing-related emails.
Sweepstakes, Contests, and Other Promotions
We may operate sweepstakes, contests, raffles and similar promotions through the Services that may require online registration with us or with third-party sponsors of such promotions. You should carefully review the rules of each promotion in which you participate through the Services, as they may contain additional important information about BU’s or a sponsor’s use or disclosure of your personally identifiable information. To the extent that the terms and conditions of such rules concerning the treatment of personally identifiable information conflict with this Policy, the terms and conditions of such rules shall control.
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, usage, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any personally identifiable information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
Security of Personally Identifiable Information
Masco takes measures designed to protect personally identifiable information collected through the Services against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Unfortunately, however, no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Questions” section below.
For your own protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive personally identifiable information, such as payment card information, in any emails you may send to us. Masco will not request sensitive personally identifiable information in our emails to you.
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States, and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information.
If you have any questions about this Policy or how Masco processes your personally identifiable information, please contact us by email through the Contact Us section on masco.com