Delta Faucet Sponsors Six Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Educational Foundation Scholarships
October 24, 2013
Delta Faucet Company has announced the winners of six $2,500 scholarships for students pursuing plumbing, heating and cooling related studies. The Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors (PHCC) Educational Foundation administers the scholarship program and is responsible for selecting the scholarship award winners.
Delta Faucet Company has sponsored scholarship awards through PHCC each year since 1986, with a total of $420,000 awarded to more than 165 students pursuing studies in the plumbing, heating and cooling industry.
"Delta Faucet has been a longtime supporter of these awards for promising students interested in our trade profession," said Kenneth Roberts, vice president of trade sales for Delta Faucet Company. "It's important we do everything we can to keep these bright minds working in and improving our industry."
The following students were awarded 2013 Delta Faucet Company scholarships:
• Douglas Botto of Smithtown, N.Y., is pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering at Rochester Institute of Technology
• Joshua Freund of Spring Branch, Texas is pursuing a Master of Business Administration in a five-year accelerated program at Dallas Baptist University
• Gerardo Jimenez of San Diego, Calif., is working full-time at PHCC member Anderson Plumbing, Heating & Air and is enrolled in the San Diego PHCC plumbing apprentice program
• Eleni Klesaris of Burlington, Mass., is pursuing a degree in business management at Middlesex Community College
• Meagan Riley of Milton, Mass., is pursuing a degree in business management at Temple University
• Douglas Smith of Knoxville, Tenn., is pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering at Mississippi State University
About Delta Faucet Company
Founded by Masco Corporation in 1954 with the introduction of the single-handle faucet, Delta Faucet Company is proud to be America's faucet innovation leader, featuring Delta®, Brizo®, and Peerless® products. A WaterSense® partner of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Delta Faucet is a global organization that offers kitchen faucets, bath faucets, shower heads, shower systems, toilets, and related accessories, selling products in more than 53 countries.
For more information, visit www.deltafaucet.com.
Masco Corporation (NYSE: MAS), parent company of Delta Faucet Company, is one of the world's largest manufacturers of brand-name consumer products for the home and family, including Behr® paint; Delta® and Hansgrohe® kitchen and bath faucets and shower fixtures; KraftMaid® and Merillat® cabinets; and Milgard® windows and doors. Masco is also a leading provider of services that include the installation of insulation and other building products through Masco Contractor Services. Visit www.masco.com for more information on the Masco family of brands.
About PHCC Educational Foundation
The PHCC Educational Foundation, a partnership of contractors, manufacturers, and wholesalers, was founded in 1987 to serve the plumbing-heating-cooling industry by preparing contractors and their employees to meet the challenges of a constantly changing marketplace. Students interested in pursuing a career in the plumbing or HVACR professions are invited to visit www.phccfoundation.org for information on 2014 scholarships.
Delta Online Media Room